Most used prefixes
The following are the most used prefixes in the language as they deal with various types of tenses. Also a little explanation on animate and inanimate prefixes. The i for inanimate objects is singular and stands for it, that, the, depending on the sentence. The ni is plural and stands for these, those, them, the. So we have:
Inanimate i singular, and inanimate ni for plural objects. Also remember that inanimate plurals end in the letter N.
Animate o for singular and gi for plural. Remember that animate plurals end in the letter K.
WA- Future tense. GA- Past tense. E- Present tense.
NGI-I- Past tense. NWI-I- Future tense. NDE- Present tense. NDA- I could, can, should.
WI- h/s Future tense. WGI- Past tense.
GWI- Future tense. GGI- Past tense. GDE- Present tense. GDA- You could, can, should.
NINAN – us, exclusive.
Ninan nwi shyamen.
Ninan ngi shyamen
Ninan nde shyamen
Ninan nda shyamen
GINWA – you guys.
Ginwa gwi shyam.
Ginwa ggi shyam
Ginwa gde shyam
Ginwa gda shyam
WINWA – They are.
Winwa wi shyek
Winwa gi shyek
Winwa da shyek
GINAN – us, inclusive
Ginan gwi shyamen.
Ginan ggi shyamen
Ginan gde shyamen
Ginan gda shyamen
The following prefixes and suffixes are used to denote past tense, present tense, future tense, and plurals of the subject. The prefixes and suffixes are BOLD so that you can see a pattern in the language usage.
NI PI JE – Where (We will use “where” to make simple sentences.)
E – Present tense WA – Future tense GA – Past tense
- Ni pi je E shya yen? Where are you going?
- NI pi je E shya yek? Where are you guys going?
- Ni pi je wa shya yen? Where are you going?
- Ni pi je wa shya yek? Where are you guys going?
- Ni pi je ga shya yen? Where did you go?
- NI pi je ga shya yek? Where did you guys go?
NI JE PI – When (We will now use “when” to make some sentences)
- Ni je pi wa shya yen? When are you going there?
- Ni je pi wa shya yek? When are you guys going there?
- Ni je pi ga shya yen? When did you go there?
- Ni je pi ga shya yek? When did you guys go there?
- Ni je pi da shya yen? When could you go?
- Ni je pi da shya yek? When could you guys go?
NWI/NGI WABEK – TOMORROW
- Wabek nwi shya. I am going there tomorrow.
- Wabek nwi shya men. We are going there tomorrow.
- Wabek wi shye wak. He is going tomorrow.
- Wabek wi shyek. They are going tomorrow.
NWI/NGI WNAGO – YESTERDAY
- Wnago ngi shya. I went yesterday.
- Wnago ngi shya men. We went yesterday.
- Wnago gi shye wak. S/he went yesterday.
- Wnago gi shyek. They went yesterday.
NGOM – NOW, TODAY
- Ngom nwi shya. I am going there today.
- Ngom nwi shya men. We are going there today.
- Ngom shye wak. S/he is going there today.
- Ngom wi shyek. They are going there today.